Ski Morzine Limited (trading as ‘Ski & Summer Morzine’ and ‘The Nantégué’), hereafter called "the Company" is a Tour Operator which principally provides "accommodation only" services. We do not provide "Inclusive Package Holidays". Any ancillary Tourist Services provided by us are considered by the Company to be an insignificant proportion of your holiday costs; hence fall outside of the definition a ‘package’ in he Package Holiday Travel Regulations Act 1993.
Please read these booking conditions carefully. Any reservation will be accepted on the basis that these conditions have been read and agreed.
The following conditions, in conjunction with the information contained within our website pages together with any emails between you and the Company forms your contract with the Company. Any waiver of any of these clauses by the Company will not bind the Company to any subsequent waiver or otherwise affect the Company’s position.
1. Confirming a booking
- (a)Any monies paid by you to any party leader, group organizer, or booking agent are held by these persons and do not form part of your payment to the Company until such time as the Company has received these monies.
- (b)On booking you must pay a non-refundable deposit of £500 per person per bed. The balance of your rental is due on 1st
- (c)A binding contract comes into existence between us when we accept your deposit.
- (d)For all bookings made after 1st September, your accommodation is confirmed as soon as verbal confirmation is given over the phone and, therefore, if you subsequently cancel your booking, cancellation charges as shown in Condition 4(a)
- (e)Should you wish to purchase a food plan for the season, this is payable on or before 31st
- (f)A breakage/damage deposit of £250 pp is payable on 31st This will be refunded to you by 30th April, less the cost of any repairs for breakages and/or damages and excessive cleaning required following your stay. In such event, the Company’s Resort Operations Manager will write to you before 30th April with a schedule of the charges we intend to deduct and give you the opportunity to challenge such charges.
- (g)No additions, deletions, changes or promises may be made relating to these conditions save in writing by a Director of the Company.
- (h)No amendment, deletion or addition to the price or content of your accommodation will be binding on the Company unless confirmed in writing by the Company.
- (a)All deposits paid are non-refundable except in the circumstances detailed in Conditions 6(b) and 7(b). Such payment will be entered in Guest Portal to which you will be given access on booking
- (b)A final balance will appear in your Guest Portal. No further reminders will be sent and the full amount outstanding must be received by the Company no later than 1st
- (c)Should your final amount be inaccurate due to our error or omission this does not permit late payment of the final balance which remains due on 1st
- (d)If the Company does not receive deposits and/or the full amount outstanding on the final invoice by/on the due dates(s), the Company reserves the right at its absolute discretion and at any subsequent time before departure to treat the booking as cancelled by you and charge cancellation charges in accordance with the scale set out in Condition 4. In such cases a written notice of cancellation and a cancellation invoice will be sent to you.
- (e)All payments and Final Details forms must be received by the Company by the due dates. The Company reserves the right to make an administrative charge of £25 per person should this not be strictly adhered to.
- (f)We reserve the right to pass on a 3% charge for any payment amount made by credit cards. Debit cards are free to process.
- (h)In the event that there are debts remaining after your departure from the resort, the Company will make an administrative charge of £25 for each debt in order to cover increased administration costs to recover the debts.
3. Prices and surcharges
- (a)There will be no surcharges the accommodation prices quoted in our online brochure (web-site). Once you have booked your accommodation and paid the deposit, the basic price of your accommodation as shown on your invoice cannot be increased (except because of earlier error) and will not be subject to any price amendments, unless you change your booking after confirmation and/or fail to meet payment schedules as outlined in the brochure and in these booking conditions. Our reservation staff will be able to confirm the correct price of your accommodation before you make your booking and, once confirmed, the basic price of your accommodation cannot be increased.
- (c)No surcharges are levied in the event of any unfavourable fluctuations in the components of your holiday cost, for example, the exchange rate. Similarly, no refunds are possible in the event of any favourable fluctuations.
- (d)The prices, offers and information printed in our brochure are valid at the time of publication. We reserve the right to increase or reduce these prices or amend these offers or information at any time after publication and in future editions of the brochure. You will be advised of any change at the time of booking.
4. Cancellation and amendments
- (a)If you wish to cancel or amend all or any part of your booking you should advise the Company by email as soon as possible. Should you not receive formal receipt of your email, it is your responsibility to inform the Company of such changes by Recorded Delivery letter to the Company’s registered address. Any changes to the booking (such as name or date changes) may incur an amendment fee of £25 per change.
- (b) The following cancellation charges are applicable to all monies paid or due, excluding any food or travel purchased by the Company on your behalf, which are non-refundable:
- Before 1st September: the Deposit received or due is forfeited.
- After 1st September: the total accommodation change is forfeited.
5. Medical, Injury, Accident, insurance
This must be taken out before you travel. We strongly recommend that this is taken out at the time of booking.
6. If there is a change in plan
- (a)Whilst the Company will at all times endeavour to satisfy your requirements, because of changing circumstances, the Company reserves the right to make alterations to accommodation after any booking has been confirmed. If, for any reason, details of your booked accommodation have to be changed before departure, the Company will inform you as early as possible.
- (b)Most changes, if necessary, will be minor. Occasionally, we have to make a significant change to confirmed accommodation. In the event of a significant change, you will be offered the choice of:
- accepting the change, or
- purchasing other accommodation, of at least comparable standard if available (and paying a supplement or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference), or
- receiving a full refund of all monies paid.
- (c)On rare occasions a ski area may be without snow. Snow is, of course, totally outside of the Company’s control and a lack of snow will not constitute a significant change.
7. If we cancel your accommodation
- (a)We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to cancel your accommodation up to the date when payment of the final balance of the price becomes due. We shall only cancel after this date if: you fail to pay any of the deposits or final balance in full and on time, or it becomes necessary to do so as a result of circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to those amounting to ‘Force Majeure’ as defined in Condition 8.
- (b)If we are forced to cancel your accommodation (other than due to your default in payment), the Company will offer you the choice of alternative accommodation, of at least comparable standard, if available, (and paying a supplement or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference) or a prompt and full refund of all monies you have paid.
- (c)Very rarely, the Company may be forced to curtail your accommodation after departure where circumstances arise amounting to ‘Force Majeure’ as defined in Condition 8. We reserve the right to do so and regret we cannot make any refunds or pay any compensation or be responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by you as a result.
- (d)We also reserve the right to cancel your accommodation and evict you from the property, with no refund of any monies paid, at any time during your stay if we deem your behaviour to be anti-social or criminal leading to threats, perceived or real, to other guests or our staff.
8. Force majeure
We regret we cannot accept liability, or make any refunds or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances amounting to ‘Force Majeure’. Circumstances amounting to ‘Force Majeure’ include any event which we, or the supplier of the service(s) in question, could not, even with all due care, foresee or forestall such a (by way of example and not by way of limitation) war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, acts of God, adverse weather conditions and all similar events.
9. If you have a complaint
If you have a complaint about any aspect of the service provided by us, you must report this immediately to our Resort Operations Manager and also to the supplier of the service in question (if relevant), so that action can be taken to resolve the matter. If the complaint cannot be resolved, then please follow it up with a letter to the Company Director within 28 days of returning from your holiday. The Company cannot accept liability in respect of any claims not notified to ourselves and to our supplier in accordance with this clause.
10. In resort
The Company accepts no liability for any accident, losses or suffering arising for any reason. The Company’s staff may offer assistance where possible but such assistance is free and unqualified and carries no liability whatsoever. You are strongly advised to ensure that you are adequately insured both for personal injury and material loss/damage.
In no circumstances may you exceed the maximum stated number of guests in your room. You may not smoke within the building or on any of the balconies. Over-crowding and smoking are fire hazards, prohibited by our insurance and are illegal. By breaking the law you are risking forcible eviction by the local Gendarmerie.
12. Airport transfers
We may also be able to arrange for you to be met at Geneva Airport for an additional charge. We meet all our guests on the SWISS side of the airport, and then transport you over the border into France. If you have arranged your airport transfer through us, it is your responsibility to inform us, in writing, at least 14 days before your holiday commencement date, of the incoming flight details (date, flight number, arrival time). If you do not do this, then the Company cannot guarantee to meet you. Any additional costs involved in arranging for a vehicle to collect you from the airport in these circumstances will be charged to you at cost.
13. Our website
We have taken great care in the production of our website but regret that we cannot be held responsible should any changes occur between the descriptions contained on the site and any circumstances outside of our control.
The application of these Terms & Conditions shall be governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.