If you aren't already aware the Pleney Bubble Lift is being replaced this summer, which means there will be no open trails on the Pleney side. To compensate for this closure the Portes du Soleil have announced the following:
- Early opening, from the 15th of June 2013, of the Super Morzine gondola and the “Zore” chairlift. From the 28th of June, an earlier opening time of 08:30am and a 50% increase in the flow-rate will ensure free-flowing traffic.
- A bus service adapted for carrying Mountain Bikes will be run daily between the resorts of Morzine and Les Gets from the 28th of June to the 1st of September 2013 (dates inclusive). This bus service will be reserved for those with a Portes du Soleil lift pass.
- The Mountain Bike tracks between the resorts of Morzine and Les Gets will be marked out, signposted and maintained.
- Further steps are also being examined to safeguard Mountain Biking in the Pléney area, and improve the flow capacity of the lift links between Morzine and Les Gets, by way of the the “Crusaz” and “Mouilles” chairlifts.
So although there will be no Pleney main line there will be plenty of other trails to keep us occupied throughout the summer.
Here’s a round-up of the lift opening dates for this summer 2013;
- Les Gets is open from the 25th May on a weekend basis and every day from 15th June until 8th September
- Morzine is open from 15th June until 1st September
- The Portes du Soleil full area is open 28th June until 1st September
If you would like any further information regarding the closure of the Pleney lift, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Call us on: 0845 370 1104
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgLeave a comment